I could never live in Alaska.
Okay, I’ve never been there, and would LOVE to visit, but I just know I would go crazy in those long months of very little sunshine. My husband and I are fascinated by the t.v. show, Buying Alaska–me, because I can’t imagine who in the world would really want to live remotely with no water (therefore, an outhouse), lots of cold, snow, and long months with very little daylight–him, because I think he’d really want to try it…
As long as I can remember, I’ve craved sunshine. I would rather be out on the riding mower than inside doing dishes. In my youth I would ride my bike, climb trees and swim at the pool all summer. I’m getting older and have to be careful, but I still love to soak up the sun any time I can. It warms me from the inside out. When those warm rays hit me right in the face, it relaxes me and rejuvenates me.
I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by Jenn @ http://sweetseatsandcrafts.com. Stop by her blog–it’s filled with recipes, DIY, and crafts. I plan on trying her Pumpkin Muffin recipe! Thanks for the nomination!!!
The rules are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post.
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. Who would play you if your life was made into a movie? Hmmm… not sure about that one, but it would be more like a reality show than a movie… but then I could play myself!
2. Where in the world would you most like to travel? Definitely Madagascar to visit my missionary daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter!
3. What is the best thing about blogging? I love sharing my heart, opening this incredible window of communication. I especially love to get comments from those that connect with me. (hint, hint!)
4. What is your secret indulgence? Dove Dark Chocolates. I love that they’re bite size and I can just let it slowly melt in my mouth… Yumm!
5. If someone handed you $1000 tomorrow what would you spend it on? I would save it for a future trip to Madagascar, of course!
6. What do you never leave home without? My IPhone. I admit it–it’s practically attached.
7. What’s your favorite meal of the day? Pretty much any meal that somebody else serves me while I enjoy the company of my husband.
8. What makes you laugh? My grandkids… I wish I had a video monitor on all the time to catch these precious moments…
How can that not make you smile?!
9. Who would be your ideal dinner party guests? My family. We really do enjoy each other, and my favorite thing in the world is to have all my chicks back in the nest. 🙂
10. What was the last thing you Googled? “Why won’t my gas fireplace stay lit?” I followed a suggestion to try blowing through a straw into the pilot light–and it worked!!
Answering these questions gives you a little peek into my personality. Take the opportunity to peek into the blogs I’ve nominated, and you’ll see some of what inspires me!
Here are my nominees that will answer the same questions:
If you’re having a sunshiny day, ENJOY! If not, I hope the video brightened your cloudy day–it sure does mine! :0)
“Happy are the people who know the joyful shout; Lord, they walk in the light of Your presence.” Psalm 89:15
Categories: Blogging, Communication, Faith, Inspiration, Life
You are very welcome… and God bless! :o)
Hi sis Vickie, thank you so much for the nominated. I am honored and really appreciated. God bless you and shining your ways through every season in your life 🙂