Seafood and Truth

Wow.

It was another one of those moments.

The light of truth.

Some would call it a lightbulb moment.

I call it a God moment.

Never a coincidence.

Always a crossroad.

Sitting in a 4-star restaurant.

Eating a mouth-watering dish from the sea.

An email.

Sender:  Missionary on the field.

An undesignated location for security reasons.

Message:  Fast and pray.

Pray for this people that need nourishment.

Spiritual food.

The TRUTH

I’m living in luxury while others sacrifice.

No guilt–just renewed passion.

Last time I fasted:  Can’t even remember.

Renewed commitment.

Renewed heart.  Thankful heart.

Her mission:  Take the Good News.

My mission:  Participate in the work.

How:

1-IMG_0335

Pray and fast and give and go.

Be faithful where you are.

Do whatever He asks.

Whenever He asks.

Be on mission.

Today. Here. Now.

Every. Person. Matters!

1-IMG_3783

10 comments for “Seafood and Truth

1. February 17, 2014 at 8:07 pm

What a beautiful song! It’s so easy to get comfortable with all the luxury we have and not appreciate it… Giving is the most beautiful thing to do, and I do it way too seldom… Thanks for reminding me! ❤

• February 17, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for stopping by Sylvia…I love it when the message connects with other. Sometimes we just need those “light bulb” moments to remind us!

2. February 15, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Awesome post + I love this song. We all need spiritual truth and renewed passion from time to time I’m thankful that He knows how to reach each of us we only have be willing to Be the Light. Grace and Peace.

• February 17, 2014 at 11:04 am

Thanks so much! I’m convinced God wants to use everything from seafood to music to speak to us if we’ll only listen! :0)

3. February 15, 2014 at 8:30 pm

I left my job last year, so I’ve been spending a lot of time adjusting to having less. The message of your post is one that I try to tell myself every day!

#sitsblogging

• February 17, 2014 at 11:06 am

Thanks for stopping by Wendy, and so glad it encouraged you–that’s my heart–to be an encourager! My kids are missionaries in Madagascar and it sure has changed my perspective on “things”! :0)

4. February 15, 2014 at 3:10 pm

This blog post really said something to me. I live such a safe and comfortable life, it wouldn’t kill me to make a few sacrifices.

• February 15, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Thanks for stopping by! So often we focus on ourselves we forget that in this great big world we live in, there are many who do without. We are blessed to bless! :0)

5. February 15, 2014 at 10:03 am

Such a beautiful and inspiring article Vickie. I absolutely enjoyed it, it was a blessing. These words stood out for me – “Pray and fast and give and go. Be faithful where you are. Do whatever He asks. Whenever He asks. Be on mission. Today. Here. Now.

Every. Person. Matters!”

God bless you! Glad we connected. 🙂 #SITS blogging comment love

• February 15, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Thanks for stopping by Yvonne, and for your kind words of encouragement. Happy to make the connection as well! :o)