Mantel Makeover Monday! (Get ready for some LOVE!)

I’ve posted some pictures of my fireplace mantels in the past, and since it has been a favorite I decided to start new board on my Pinterest just for mantel ideas!

It’s always fun to find new ideas from Pinterest, and this one came from a Pinterest-inspired wedding reception that I did for my nephew in December:

1-IMG_7057

It was a small church wedding, and the young college couple didn’t want to spend a lot of money, so I swooped in with all the white I could find in my house (candles, tulle and lights) and added forest animals (some I owned, some borrowed and some on clearance at Pier One.).  We added fresh greenery from my daughter’s pine tree, succulents, and baby’s breath in the vases–all sprayed with snow.  A few bleached pine cones and nuts gathered from the woods helped fill in the gaps.

When it was over, I took some of the ideas and created my winter fireplace mantel!

1-IMG_7131

I used the same snow sprayed greenery. The wreath was an old one that I had spray painted with a matte nickel to tone it down a bit for the wedding backdrop.  I added wired ribbon to the wreath and a candle to pull it all together.

Because it felt a little too early to go right from Christmas to decorating for Valentines, I love that I already had the things I needed to make a winter mantel. But now, after weeks of cold and snow, I am ready to brighten it up with a little RED!

This was last year’s mantel:

Valentines Mantel 2013

Valentines Mantel 2013

And this year…

1-IMG_7357

Jute wrapped mason jars with dried flowers (maybe eventually real ones?! :0), wired ribbon, and a banner made from red/white baker’s twine, cardboard and cut-out hearts–AND here’s the simple FREE PRINTABLE I created just in time for Valentine’s Day:

1-IMG_7278

I LOVE rearranging, so the mantel in my home is the perfect empty canvas for all kinds of ideas!  If you’d like to share your ideas, just click on my Pinterest page to follow, and I’ll be sure to check yours out as well!

Happy Decorating!

1-IMG_3145

“This is how we know that we love God’s children when we love God and obey His commands.”  I John 5:2

32 comments for “Mantel Makeover Monday! (Get ready for some LOVE!)

1. August 27, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Wow! I love how you brought in elements for Valentine’s Day. How charming! Thank you for sharing these great ideas on how to decorate your fireplace mantel. I just love mantels! Here are some of my favorites: http://www.customfiremantels.com/gallery/

2. February 16, 2014 at 11:07 pm

I love these ideas! What a clever way to spruce up a mantel and add a lovely touch to your home as well.

3. February 15, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I love the window frame and that you can redesign it for all the different seasons/holidays. I wish I had a mantel to decorate! Love fireplaces.

• February 17, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Thanks, Taralyn! The thing is… I love it so much that I find it hard to do anything different–I’m having a hard time considering anything else!

4. February 15, 2014 at 10:18 am

I always decorate my mantel for the holidays. I think it makes the house feel so festive. I’ve extended this decorating to the kitchen with a festive table cloth and centerpiece and the entry way with some subtle touches as well.

@Dayngr in NC
    {Swinging by from SITS Comment Luv}

5. February 15, 2014 at 7:36 am

This makes me wish I had a mantle to decorate! You did a lovely job and I really love the splash on red on your Valentine’s mantle. 🙂
    #sitsblogging

6. February 14, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I love how you change small details to give an overall new and fresh look! The delicate flowers work perfectly!

• February 14, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Thanks, TerriAnne! You are so sweet! Thanks for stopping by! :0)

7. February 14, 2014 at 1:28 am

Gorgeous mantles! Its so creative that you switch them out seasonally and for holidays and such.

Stopping by from #SITSBlogging

• February 14, 2014 at 6:30 pm

What a kind thing to say… I’m a simple girl and try to make things pretty using simple things that don’t cost alot. Thanks for stoppying by!

8. February 13, 2014 at 11:24 pm

I love the mantel pics and the red that you’ve used in them. You’ve given me some ideas, Thanks 😉
    stopping from The SITS Girls

• February 14, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind remarks! :0)

9. February 13, 2014 at 1:50 pm

I really love the pops of red on your mantel. Very festive but not overdone 🙂

10. February 13, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Oh I love all those mantel pictures! I really need to work on beautifying our home. Stopping by from SITS !

• February 13, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Thanks, Tanya! I appreciate you stopping by–I’ll be sure to return some kindness!

11. February 13, 2014 at 12:46 pm

What a pretty mantle – and a great transition from the holidays! #SITSBlogging #CommentLove

• February 14, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Thanks for stopping by, Teri! (AND for the #CommentLove !)

12. Tonia @ The Sunny Patch
    February 13, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Very pretty mantels! You have an eye for drawing the right pieces together.

• February 14, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Aww, thanks Tonia. I don’t think of myself as creative, but resourceful! ;0)

13. February 12, 2014 at 2:01 am

Beautiful work. The colour tones you put together are awesome. They look so classic and incredibly tasteful. So glad to have found your blog. I am looking forward to checking back and reading more.

• February 14, 2014 at 6:33 pm

You are too kind! I appreciate you stopping by and for another new blogging connection! :0)

14. February 11, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Lovely. you have a gifted eye with color and decoration!

• February 11, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Coming from an artist like yourself, that’s quite a compliment!

15. February 5, 2014 at 11:09 am

Beautiful mantels! I really like that old window frame. And what a great printable. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog. 🙂

16. February 3, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I love your mantle pictures- so beautiful! Thanks for sharing them!