Weekly Writing Challenge: Lists

Yep.

I’m a list maker.

There’s just something about crossing something off a list that inspires me to do whatever it takes to completely eradicate whatever it is that’s ON that list!

It’s kind of a love/hate relationship, isn’t it?

1. We love making a list.

2. We hate that the list is so long.

3. We love crossing things off the list.

4. We hate that we barely release the rumpled paper into the trash can before feeling the need to start a new one!

I would love to create a “master list”, but the categories demand independent thinking.  Some days all I can do is focus on ONE list, while others days I can strive to cover parts of three separate lists:

• Things I Need To Do
  • Things I Need To Do–If I Have Time
  • Things I WISH I Had Time To Do
  • Things I ABSOLUTELY MUST DO
  • AND Things I Want My Hubby To Do :o)

Here’s a fun list that I made for a friend last year, so I updated it and made it printable just for my Mom readers!  It’s really a fun way to organize your summer activities. Because it’s simple, you can have lots of flexiblity in the way you use it, saving room for your own interpretation/creativity.

1-Chalkboard-background-001

Lists are so helpful for me (especially now that I’m getting older!), but if I’m not careful, I can find myself thinking that I can cross things off my “spiritual list” and that in doing so, I make God happy.  One of my favorite verses reminds me that we can plan all we want to, but we’d better realize that God just might have a different plan:

Ground Zero, New York City

Ground Zero, New York City

When my life is over, I hope my legacy is more about who I was, more than the things I accomplished.

For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with goodness, goodness with knowledge, knowledge with self-control, self-control with endurance, endurance with godliness, godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they will keep you from being useless or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  2 Peter 1:5-8

Don’t forget to enjoy the moments…

~~Vickie

7 comments for “Weekly Writing Challenge: Lists

1. June 20, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Thanks, girls! ❤

2. June 11, 2014 at 2:19 am

Great post! And I’m glad to have a fellow list-maker!! I like your summer fun list–I’ll have to pass it on to my daughter. Have a wonderful day!

3. Anonymous
    May 31, 2014 at 1:37 pm

So glad you posted this printable, Miss Vickie! A friend of mine just asked for it 😊 I love the chalkboard idea! We’ll be studying India this week for world of wonders 😉 so now we’ve covered your favorite(Madagascar) and my favorite…then who knows where in the world we’ll be the following Wednesday 👍

• May 31, 2014 at 5:18 pm

LOVE it! I think Wednesday could turn out to be a quick favorite! :o)

4. May 31, 2014 at 10:19 am

I love that summer fun list! It’s great for families and also would be great for married couples with no kids! What is Wednesday though? “World of Wonder”
    Sounds like fun!
    Katie

• May 31, 2014 at 11:11 am

World of Wonder can be anything that relates to exploring God’s wonderful world! A trip to the park, the zoo, planting flowers, a hike–or maybe the science museum!